Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Book Signings + Other Stuff

Well, as anticipated, this week has been crazy.  I've been a lecturer/presenter at the BYU Writers for Young Readers workshop, which has been a very positive experience.  I give the conference a thumbs up, if you're thinking of attending in the future.  You get a lot of bang for your buck. 

However, as a presenter, it's been really exhausting.  I have to get up at a strange, unnatural hour (7:30am).  Then, I have to do things that are not writing all day.  Now, I enjoy helping out aspiring writers, and I am getting paid for this, but a large part of me will be very happy to get back to the writing next week.  (I mentioned to my wife that this conference must be a little like having a 'real' job.  I'm not meant for such things.)

Anyway, none of that is really all that important to all of you.  What is important is that I'm going to be doing a short signing in conjunction with the conference.  There have been a couple of people who've been asking if they could get books signed.  Well, you can come to the BYU Conference center tomorrow from 4:15-5:50 tomorrow.  There will be signings in the main hallway.  The conference center is the big building that is by the Mariott center, just to the northeast of it. 

I will also be in Idaho Falls this weekend at the Barnes and Noble signing from 2:00-4:00. 

Also, for fun, here's a spy photo snapped from a reader who found Mistborn 2 at a Wal*Mart.  This is the first time I know of that one of my books has been sold there!

The Well of Ascension

2 Comments:

Blogger Q said...

What a pretty cover! I need to get my hands on that book.

9:23 PM  
Blogger Rebecca J. Carlson said...

Ditto on the workshop - I can't imagine anything better for an aspiring author. Thanks for taking a week off of writing for us!

So I guess you've really made it when they're selling your book at Wal-Mart. I'm looking forward to seeing Alcatraz in the Scholastic Book Club flyer (my personal aspiration is to have a book in that flyer before my youngest kid graduates from Elementary school).

1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home