Monday, April 27, 2009

Revised Omaha Signing Details

There was some confusion about my signing in Omaha, which we've cleared up.  The bookstore thought I was just doing a drop-by stock signing, while we thought I was going to do a full blown signing.

We've figured it all out and gotten it straight.  I will be doing a full signing, but they will have limited stock on hand.  We aren't sure how many people to expect, but it's very possible they'll run out of books at the signing.  If that happens, I'll sign bookplates you can stick in books later.  I think we'll be okay, but there's no telling.

We've changed the time to 6:30-8:00 (still on Wednesday.)  But I will be there!  So please feel free to stop by and get your books signed.  Also, remember my other events in Nebraska.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sabrina said...

Can we have you sign a book we already own? Cuz other than the kids books, I got 'em all already. :) (I've never been to a book signing before so I don't know how they work)

11:53 PM  
Blogger Brandon Sanderson said...

You certainly can. I'd be happy to sign books you already own.

Sometimes, for very popular authors, limits have to be placed on a signing. In those cases, you often have to buy a book at the signing to get it signed. (Though often, if you buy the new book, you can get other books signed too.) This is done because often, the bookstore has to get extra staff or even rent out a new location to handle the book signing.

Perhaps for the Wheel of Time tours there will be some restrictions on signings like that. For now, however, all of my signings are open--bring your old books and get them signed. It's not a problem.

1:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home