Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Amphigory + Viewer Mail

Warning!  Answer below!

Yes, in case you are wondering, that is indeed...

Wait for it....

A KIMONO Dragon. 

(Rim shot)

Anyway, I got a lot of great responses to my nerd rant, and thought I'd share one with you:

"Hello this is Jacob from Las Vegas. I just read your EUOLogy on being a Nerd. I'm 17 and a senior in high school. Lets just say, that Nerds are now the coolest people in school. I was once one of those kids that was scoffed at for wearing Zelda shirts, and going to the renaissance fair. But thanks to Peter Jackson, George Lucas, and Nintendo. I'm cool (of sorts). I proudly wear my "Don't Make Me Go Zelda On You" shirt and the only comments I get are, "Hey where did you get that?" And the fact that I still own a working NES with the game Duck Hunt impresses more people than it should.

I've come to learn also that Nerds rule the world. And despite what all the old people in this world think. Video games are now an important part of our culture. I also wished I would have put some money into Nintendo's stock in November, (they went up 130% in the past few months) I also hope that I get to read Wheel of Time 12 sometime soon, and read Harry Potter 7 before I go on my mission. I can almost taste getting a Wii, and sitting for hours playing the new Zelda.

Sorry, I needed to empty my system of that. But I also attribute nerds becoming cool largely to the craze Napoleon Dynamite started. Those Mormon boys worked wonders for everybody.

Thanks for listening,

Jake"

Thanks for writing, Jake.  It's cool to get a younger person's view on this, someone still in high school.  Perhaps things are a'changin for our particular counter-culture. 

Warbreaker tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home