Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Warbreaker

New chapter:  Chapter Forty-one.

Once again, if you don't know what Warbreaker is--or if you are looking for the old chapters--check out this link. 

So, a new year means it's time for me to start working on something new.  I've finished my copy edits, I'm ahead on my contracts, and I have a little breathing room.  I've begun to plan something and--like usual--it's completely snowballing out of control and becoming a massive epic of magnificent proportions.  I'm not exactly ready to talk about it yet--give me some more time to work on it--but hopefully by the end of the month I'll be announcing my next big endeavor. 

I did talk to Joshua about it, and he suggested--in his patient, suffering way--that I think about doing the 3.0 draft of Warbreaker.  (Which is the last draft of a book I do before sending it out to my publisher and agent.)  That's the line edit, where I try to cut a book by about 10% and clean up the language. 

He probably has a point.  However, he's just eager to read the book, I know.  So, we'll see.  Maybe I'll do that.  In the mean time, I'll continue posting 2.0 chapters (which is what these are, despite what the chapter title says.)

Also, Lost sucks.  I'm sorry.  But it just does.  I'm halfway through season two on DVD, and the characters have lost all semblance of personality consistency and rationality.  It's sad to see something so mighty fall so far.  However, I hear that the end of the season--and the beginning of three--is even worse.  I don't know if I'll watch much more of this.

It's Fish's fault.  She shouldn't have pointed out how bad it was.  Now it's been all ruined for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home