Monday, March 19, 2007

Annotation

Here's a new Mistborn Annotation: Chapter Thirty Part One

So, I'm getting back into Dragonsteel, trying to write this book.  I've learned something about myself.  It's better for me to not start a book if I know I'm going to have to stop soon and work on something else.  It takes time to get the ball rolling for me, giving me the momentum it takes to write a novel.  People ask how much I write a day, and the truth is that it really depends on whether I'm at the beginning of a book or the end.  Or, really, how much I'm 'feeling' that book at the moment.

Stopping Dragonsteel to do the rewrite of Mistborn 3 was a bad idea, I think.  I got just far enough into Dragonsteel that connections were starting to work, and I was figuring out how to get the book plotted and created.  Then, I stopped, and all of that languished.  True, I had the forum posts to help me reimagine two of the characters in interesting ways (which ended up, I think, making those characters work a lot better.)  However, it's now tough to get myself motivated on the book again. 

We shall see what happens.  Anyway, thanks to everyone who came to my signing on Saturday!  It was a lot of fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home