Friday, July 27, 2007

MB3 Update 'N Things

Whew.  I've decided to rewrite two of the viewpoints for MB3 in this last rewrite.  There will be more about why when we do the annotations for this book--anything I say now could be spoilers for Book Two.  Which, by the way, I'd like to say thanks to all of you for pre-ordering.  My pre-orders are really great on this book.  Huzzah!

There was a minor bump at Tor when they heard we were doing a pre-release.  This was just fine last year, and everyone thought it was a great idea.  However, corporate policy often changes without anyone thinking to tell the authors or editors (or even publicists apparently) and so we had to do a little bit of begging to make it happen.  (Having someone flying in from DC for the event really helped push them over the edge--they couldn't very well yank the rug out from under us now.) 

So, it's going through, but it will probably be the last time we can sell the books ahead of schedule.  Next year, we'll have to do a 'release party' instead.  It's odd, being a writer and dealing third or fourth hand with corporate rigmarole like this.  All of my friends have to deal with it every day at their jobs.  I always smirk and think I'm immune, but I'm really not.  I'm just out of the loop, so to speak.  (Not that I have any real complaints.  I can see why Tor would want to make this policy; it was just a little surprising to find out about it less than a month from the event we'd scheduled.  Ah, well.)

Laugh at this comic. Laugh, I tell you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home