Wednesday, September 03, 2008

AMoL Update + Alcatraz Sample Chapter

First off, if you missed my big update of stuff, you might find some items of interest there. 

I'm still recovering from Dragon*Con.  it was exhausting, but I was very glad that I went!  I got to see a lot of great people, meet some old friends, and run into several groups I'd never met in person (that's you, GeorgaDawn and the LibraryThing folks.)  I'll probably go again next year, if only because I feel I really NEED to bring my wife to this thing.  She's been to Worldcon, but she really has no clue how truly bizarre some of this all can get.... ;)

I realized that during my previous update, I didn't do anything Alcatraz-related, so I figured I'd better update that side of things as well.  I've gone ahead and transferred chapter one from its old place to the shiny new location in the Library.  I'll be posting some sample chapters of Alcatraz Two in the upcoming months.  For those of you who are fans of my epic fantasy, I really do suggest you look into Alcatraz when it comes out in paperback next month.  I think you'll be pleased with what you find--think of one of my stories, only more lighthearted with a humorous slant on the magic system. 

I've updated the percentage bar for AMoL to reflect the work I did during the day before my departure to Dragon*Con, my days back, and the time I spent in Atlanta when I managed to do some work on the book.   I figured I should also update our comparison chart, so here you go:

AMOL Relative Length Chart: 9/03/08

Alcatraz/Evil Librarians 60,400
New Spring 121,815
Elantris 202,765
The Final Empire 214,752
---A MEMORY OF LIGHT 224k So Far!---
The Path of Daggers 226,687
Warbreaker 236,301
Winter's Heart 238,789
Hero of Ages 244,201
The Dragon Reborn 251,392
The Well of Ascension 252,739
The Great Hunt 267,078
Crossroads of Twilight 271,632
A Crown of Swords 295,028
The Eye of the World 305,902
Knife of Dreams 315,163
The Fires of Heaven 354,109
Lord of Chaos 389,264
The Shadow Rising 393,823

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home