Tuesday, December 27, 2011

First Draft Finished + Updates

This week's Writing Excuses episode is titled "Help, I Can't End My Book!" This is the final podcast of this season for Howard, Mary, Dan, and me. Check it out.

There's a new chapter of my abandoned 2001 novel MYTHWALKER up.

My assistant has put up a new Twitter posts collection that includes my live-Tweeting of finishing the first draft of A MEMORY OF LIGHT. If you want to cut to the chase, the part you really want to read is here below. I'll post more details later.

BrandSanderson Wed Dec 21
Ladies and gentlemen, A Memory of Light--the final book in The Wheel of Time--has been finished.

BrandSanderson Wed Dec 21
Now I'll open a metric gigaton of Magic cards that have been sent to me by fans, sleep for a day, and rest until next week.Then: revisions!

BrandSanderson Wed Dec 21
As for when the book will come out, Tor should do an announcement soon. Revisions will take a good six months. So fall, I expect.

BrandSanderson Wed Dec 21
Another common question: How many revisions will I do? The last two took about a dozen. (On non-WoT books, I do about seven or eight.)

BrandSanderson Wed Dec 21
Also, it's going to be tough to give direct replies to questions right now, what with like 1000 people tweeting/facebooking at me. :)

BrandSanderson Wed Dec 21
But lots of people are asking about outriggers/prequels. The answer is still the same. We'd rather not risk exploiting RJ's legacy. (more)

BrandSanderson Wed Dec 21
It is a step I don't think we want to take. Better to stop while we're ahead. I'm sorry, but they probably won't ever happen.

BrandSanderson Wed Dec 21
And now, yes, I will go to sleep. 7am here. That's 10 hours of solid writing after a full day of solid writing, so I'm beat.

BrandSanderson Wed Dec 21
Thank you all for the good wishes. May you find water and shade.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home