Tuesday, September 05, 2006

How you know you married the right girl (+ Annotation.)

 

First off, New Annotation!  This is a good one, the first really meaty one for the book, I think.  It's got hidden text and everything.  So, enjoy!

All right, so Saturday was Pemberly's birthday.  (She, by the way, is a good three months older than I am.  I take every opportunity I can to point that out.)

We were at dinner at one of her favorite restaurants.  Now, I am a husband who likes very much to see to the needs of his wife.  When she, therefore, mentioned that she was in a silly mood, I hastened to do some silly things in order to accommodate her mood.

That was, of course, my only motivation.  Her needs.  Yup, I'm all about her needs.  That's why I took up my straw and fired a bit of ice directly at her.

She, however, was rather annoyed at this.  (She did manage to keep a straight face, though she had to grit her teeth against the cold to keep from crying out as the bit of ice slid down her skin.  Very impressive.)

I pointed out that she'd said she was in a silly mood, to which she replied "Well, now I'm in a serious mood."

I replied.  "Well, then.  Let us discus something serious.  How about Mitosis?"

Her reply?  It was instant, without even a heartbeat of thought.  "That's great.  Mitosis cold.  Sometimes, mitosis hot.  And, occasionally, mitosis even dirty."

Ah, I love that girl. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home