Tuesday, August 21, 2007

It's Out! + Amphigory

Mistborn: The Well of Ascension is out!  We're really keeping our fingers crossed for first week sales on this one, so if you've been waiting for it to come out, you should be happy to know that it's on shelves pretty much everywhere!  Some people have even been noting on my forums that it came out a few days early in some parts of the nation.

In celebration, here's a rejected cover idea:

Okay, so that's a really obvious pun.  Sorry.  I figured it would just be a quick Photoshop, then spent forever searching for a shot of Matt Damon looking the right direction.  (Never did find one.)  Man, that's an odd angle we've got of Vin on the cover. 

My agent tells me that I just don't spend enough time on the blog talking about the upcoming release of Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians.  His opinion is that you all are well aware of the Mistborn books, otherwise you wouldn't be here.  However, he doesn't know that you even realize I've got a children's book coming out in October.  (Actually, I believe his complaint yesterday was "ANOTHER Mistborn deleted scene?  How many of those do you have?  What about Alcatraz bonus material?")

We shall see.  He and I have different opinions about what my blog should be.  He sees it as an advertising tool--which, I guess it is, in a way.  However, to me, it's less commercial than that.  More a look into the writing process, with occasional glimpses of Brandon the person, rather than Brandon the writer. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home