Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Starred Review! + Fanart

I thought it kind of odd that Publisher's Weekly had never gotten around to doing a review of ALCATRAZ, since they'd done reviews of all of my other books.  I'd pretty much given up on seeing one, when suddenly we got one this week, out of the blue.  Whatever their reason for waiting, I'm not going to complain on some good publicity during the holiday season.  They gave it a starred review, my first since ELANTRIS.

Sanderson unexpectedly draws everything together in an extravagantly silly climax.  Readers whose sense of humor runs toward the subversive will be instantly captivated.  Like Lemony Snicket and superhero comics rolled into one (and then revved up on steroids), this nutty novel...[is] also sure to win passionate fans.

Huzzah!  That's some fun news to get.  Also, we've got some more fan art on my forums.  One for SCRIBBLER, which I haven't even published yet and only showed off a few sample chapters.  One for MISTBORN.  As I've said before, I love fan art, and am honored when people take the time to interpret my work in a visual medium, since I have no talent for drawing whatsoever. 

I'll post some new annotations by the end of the week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home