Monday, April 21, 2008

Progress Bar

You may have noticed that the progress bar on A MEMORY OF LIGHT moved up pretty quickly last week.  That was due to a number of factors--one of which being that I knew I wouldn't be able to get as much done this week.  I teach a class at the local university occasionally, and final projects just came in.  That means I get to spend a lot of time this week grading.  In order to keep up with my work on AMOL, I decided to really push the writing hard last week.

My goal is to get two or three percent each week done on the rough draft.  Some weeks may go faster, others slower, depending on how much of Mr. Jordan's original material I have for a given week's work.  Remember that the progress bar is based on 400k at the end (which is only a guess) and so 1% is equal to 4k writing on the rough draft. 

Other news and notes:  New Writing Excuses is up.  This week, we talk about how to be both a businessperson and an artist.  This is the second of two episodes we did where we were having microphone issues, FYI.  it still sounds just fine, and you can hear all of us, but we had to use a center microphone rather than individual ones.  We'll be back to the old way next week, so don't worry. 

My pal Brandon Mull, the other Brandon writing fantasy in the Utah area, just released his new book.  It's the third in the Fablehaven series.  Congrats, Brandon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home