Monday, August 17, 2009

Signing Tomorrow! + Alcatraz Sample Chapters

I'm signing tomorrow at BYU in conjunction with Education Week. (I'm pretty sure I've mentioned this before, but forgot to give details before now.)

WHERE: BYU Bookstore, Provo, UT
WHEN: Tuesday, August 18, from 2:30 to 4:30
WHAT: Whatever you would like me to sign (Some exceptions—as a general rule I won't sign a book written by a different author, but I will sign books written by Dan Wells if offered a suitable bribe or plausible-sounding justification.)

There may even be some numbered copies of WARBREAKER left over from the release party. I don't number any books after release day, so this may be your last chance to get a numbered copy.

The next installment of my middle-grade humorous fantasy series, ALCATRAZ VERSUS THE KNIGHTS OF CRYSTALLIA, is due to be released on October 1. The previous two volumes started showing up on shelves about a month before their official release date, so ALCATRAZ 3 will most likely follow suit and start showing up around September 1. You know what that means, right? It's time for sample chapters! First up is Alcatraz's Author's Foreword; chapters one and two will go up in the next two weeks.

This week's Writing Excuses podcast episode focuses on subplots. What are they for? How do you write them to further your main plot and character development instead of boring your readers to tears? If you've always wanted to know, give the episode a listen.

Finally, the most recent MISTBORN 3 annotation is for chapter 16, in which I discuss Spook's reaction to the Citizen's reign. It's one of my favorite chapters so far, so if you're following along at home, flip to page 121 in the hardback or page 143 in the paperback.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home