Monday, January 25, 2010

Writing Excuses on MP3 CD + Updates

This week's Writing Excuses podcast is about How to Manage Your Influences—in other words, how to avoid letting other people's work creep into your own. And if you enjoy listening to me, Howard, and Dan talk about writing, or want to catch up on our previous episodes, seasons 1 through 3 are now available on MP3 CD from PodDisc, either individually or in a set. The Season 1 CD also has bonus content, including a couple of my essays on writing, desktop wallpapers, outtakes, and Dan's gothic vampire humor novel BLACKER DARKNESS.

Speaking of Writing Excuses, I mentioned this earlier in my post about Hugo nominations that Writing Excuses was probably eligible in the Best Related Work category. Since then we've looked into it a bit more and now think that any particular episode we aired last year is eligible, as well as the entire Writing Excuses Season 2, but the awards are not given to series as a whole. So if you are someone who can nominate for the Hugos and want to give a nod to Writing Excuses, the best way to do that is probably to nominate Writing Excuses Season 2.

I answered a bunch of questions about WARBREAKER over on the GoodReads fantasy book club forum, and I'll be taking more questions until the end of January. I tend to answer in bursts, so don't worry if I don't get to your question right away. I will address every question asked before the deadline.

In the most recent MISTBORN 3 annotations I talk about Elend's encounter with the mist spirit and Spook and Sazed's discussion of faith.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home