Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Writing for Charity + Updates

On August 21st there will be a writing workshop in South Sandy, Utah whose purpose is to raise money to donate to schoolchildren. Specifically, they hope to donate a book to every child "in at least ten of the lowest socioeconomic populated schools in the state"—at least 6,000 books total. Author Shannon Hale told me about the program, and I'm going to be attending the evening extravaganza. As this is a charity event, there is a registration fee both for the writing workshop during the day and the extravaganza in the evening. For more information, please see the website.

Before the 21st I'll have turned in the final revision of TOWERS OF MIDNIGHT, which I'm currently working on. You can follow my progress on Twitter or Facebook; the deadline is August 16th and I need to finish over 10% of the book each day until then. I did the first 12% yesterday. This final draft mostly focuses on issues the beta readers noticed.

A couple of weeks ago on Writing Excuses, Dan, Howard, and I did some example line editing on the beginning of the first novel I wrote. It went over very well, so in this week's episode we return to WHITE SAND and line edit the dialogue. You want to listen to it, right?

In the most recent WARBREAKER annotations I talk about chapter four. First I discuss the name system used in the book, and then I cover Hawaii and the undead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home