Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Tweets November 21–30

BrandonSandrson Sun Nov 21
It occurs to me that I need a new acronym for the new Mistborn book. Otherwise, my next two books could be MAoL and AMoL...

egonegative Fri Nov 19
@BrandonSandrson Wikipedia says WoK is going to be a 10 book series. Is that true?

BrandonSandrson Sun Nov 21
@egonegative Yes, that is true.

staceydroach Fri Nov 19
Just finished #TofM @BrandonSandrson it was awesome!

BrandonSandrson Sun Nov 21
@staceydroach Thanks!

BrandonSandrson Mon Nov 22
If you reported typos for Way of Kings at the TWG forums, and still have a copy of your list, could you repost at Stormblessed or 17thShard?

BrandonSandrson Mon Nov 22
And now, my favorite thing in the world. Spellchecking. (On Mistborn AofL.) Yay.

jemron_mcb Mon Nov 22
@BrandonSandrson Yeah... I pointed that out to you a few days ago ;-)

BrandonSandrson Mon Nov 22
@jemron_mcb Yeah, a lot of people pointed it out, only I wasn't paying enough attention.

stormblessed Mon Nov 22
@BrandonSandrson @PeterAhlstrom our TWoK typo thread http://ow.ly/1rFnAY

BrandonSandrson Mon Nov 22
@stormblessed Thanks, guys!

17thshard Mon Nov 22
@BrandonSandrson We've now made a WoK typo thread for you. http://bit.ly/b98BA6

BrandonSandrson Mon Nov 22
@17thshard Great! Thank you.

Jason_JW Mon Nov 22
@BrandonSandrson your fingers must be tired from tying up all these loose ends in The Wheel of Time: Towers of Midnight

BrandonSandrson Mon Nov 22
@Jason_JW Trying to tie them up with Weaves, instead of fingers, when possible... :)

Jason_JW Mon Nov 22
@BrandonSandrson Where are you having us report Towers of Midnight typos? I found two.

BrandonSandrson Mon Nov 22
@Jason_JW Send them via email, for now. Thanks!

PeterAhlstrom Mon Nov 22
@BrandonSandrson TOWERS typos can go to Dragonmount or Theoryland forums. Maria watches those threads.

imagechaos Mon Nov 22
completely forgot I was following @brandonsandrson

BrandonSandrson Mon Nov 22
@imagechaos I'll try to scream louder on occasion to keep you from forgetting in the future...

BDGallof Mon Nov 22
@BrandonSandrson Halfway through Way Of Kings. Great job! Really growing in your writing and structure.

BrandonSandrson Mon Nov 22
@BDGallof Thank you!

dwilk87 Mon Nov 22
@BrandonSandrson does the new mistborn book come out in the uk also?

BrandonSandrson Mon Nov 22
@dwilk87 Yes, it should. They've already asked regarding it, I think.

crugus10 Mon Nov 22
Join Twitter. Follow @BrandonSandrson . Thank him for aGS and ToM, which were simply awesome. First tweet complete.

BrandonSandrson Mon Nov 22
@crugus10 Reply to @crugus10, thank them for their thanks. Wish them well in their future tweets. Response complete.

McFrankline Mon Nov 22
#NowReading Tower of Midnight By Robert Jordan and @BrandonSandrson #Tofm #WoT

BrandonSandrson Mon Nov 22
@Lord_Carfax Hope you enjoy it.

Nephlimus Mon Nov 22
Introducing people to @BrandonSandrson The Way of Kings, now they wont stop asking me when book 2 is coming out!

BrandonSandrson Mon Nov 22
@Nephlimus This is my devious plan to drive all of my readers crazy.

shawnp0wers Mon Nov 22
@Squish42 do you like fantasy? I just read Elantris by @brandonsandrson, really good. For scifi, I'm currently reading "Altered Carbon"

BrandonSandrson Mon Nov 22
@shawnp0wers Thanks for the kind words.

Graendal Mon Nov 22
@BrandonSandrson Is there a difference between severing and being burned out in regards to one's connection to the power?

BrandonSandrson Mon Nov 22
@Graendal Yes, there is a difference. I cannot say yet whether the other can be healed or not.

BrandonSandrson Mon Nov 22
Have I mentioned that Mistborn:AofL includes Mistings who burn two of the metals unkown at the end of HofA?

DeNomad_ca Mon Nov 22
@BrandonSandrson Just finished WoT13:ToM. Great book, you've done Robert Jordan proud! Wish there was more written about the tower of Genji.

BrandonSandrson Mon Nov 22
@DeNomad_ca Thank you.

BrandonSandrson Mon Nov 22
I think I might have mentioned it. But if I didn't...now I have. And if I did, those who didn't see before now might. Huzzah!

EricLake Mon Nov 22
@BrandonSandrson In M:AoL, will bendalloy's time dilation result in redshifting of light going in/out of the bubble? #weescience

BrandonSandrson Mon Nov 22
@EricLake I've been working on the science of it. Basically, I've been treating it as a gravitational time dilation.

BrandonSandrson Mon Nov 22
@EricLake But only focused inward, and equally, on those inside the bubble. It's making my brain hurt a bit, but I think I've got it working

EricLake Mon Nov 22
@BrandonSandrson In M:AoL, will bendalloy's time dilation result in redshifting of light going in/out of the bubble? #weescience

BrandonSandrson Mon Nov 22
@EricLake I think this means yes to a gravitational redshift. But...it gets wacky. Trying to decide just what it would do is tough.

HeatherMMuir Mon Nov 22
@BrandonSandrson Are you trying to send us a secret message at the beginning of Writing Excuses when you make the typing noises?

BrandonSandrson Mon Nov 22
@HeatherMMuir Yes. It means "Go write!" :)

BCoultrup Mon Nov 22
@BrandonSandrson My new kitten named Kaladin : ) he's a fighter. Already got scratches on both arms within an hour. http://yfrog.com/5g1hhnj

BrandonSandrson Mon Nov 22
@BCoultrup Keep him away from your infused gemstones :)

BrandonSandrson Mon Nov 22
Draft of the new Mistborn novel just went to Isaac and Inkthinker for visual art/maps input and thoughts.

sgroman5674 Mon Nov 22
@BrandonSandrson how long does it usually take?

BrandonSandrson Tue Nov 23
@sgroman5674 It can take hours, depending on the book. This one only took about two.

BrandonSandrson Tue Nov 23
Decided it was time for a change of my Twitter icon. Fear the Llama!

BrandonSandrson Tue Nov 23
Blog post: Some more on the Superstars Writing Seminar, plus my interview with @PeterOrullian. http://3.ly/mHkq

BrandonSandrson Tue Nov 23
All: Alcatraz Versus the Shattered Lense (Fourth in my children's series) has been spotted in the wild at a B&N on the east coast.

BrandonSandrson Tue Nov 23
The official release date is December, but they always hit shelves early. Feel free to call your local bookstore and see if they have it.

BrandonSandrson Tue Nov 23
If you're looking for Alcatraz 4, please do call the bookstore before driving over. Not all will have it yet, and some won't carry it at all

BrandonSandrson Tue Nov 23
A report on my trip to France, plus past and future conventions elsewhere. http://3.ly/QQDE

bmoorebooks Wed Nov 24
@BrandonSandrson Meander and Ozzy approve of your new avatar. Fear the llama. Buttersby says it wouldn't win any ribbons.

BrandonSandrson Wed Nov 24
@bmoorebooks Lol. Did I tell you congrats on the book deal yet? I think I did. But Congrats again.

johncleaver Tue Nov 23
My new proposed title for my schizophrenia book: The Hollow City. I'm digging it. We'll see what the agent and editors think.

BrandonSandrson Wed Nov 24
@johncleaver That's an awesome title.

BrandonSandrson Wed Nov 24
Limeboy gets the words "Accident" and "Excellent" mixed up. In most cases, this creates a much more awesome life for him.

BrandonSandrson Wed Nov 24
For example, this morning, when he didn't quite make it to the potty: "I went on the floor. It was a EXCELLENT, Daddy."

evaneekelen Wed Nov 24
@BrandonSandrson while you're spellchecking, you might want to check "bescarved".I've been asking around, but no consensus! #notindictionary

BrandonSandrson Wed Nov 24
@evaneekelen ;)

honorless Wed Nov 24
50% off coupon at Borders?! HELL TO THE YES. Think I'll snag @BrandonSandrson's Mistborn trilogy since the 1-volume Bone GN seems to be OOS.

BrandonSandrson Wed Nov 24
@honorless I'm somewhat fond of the colorized Bone volumes Scholastic put out. :)

tordotcom Wed Nov 24
Does an author's online personality affect whether you want to read their books or not? Why?

cryptographite Wed Nov 24
@tordotcom If they're unfriendly, I feel they have less of a connection with their readers. I prefer the @brandonsandrson/@cmpriest type.

BrandonSandrson Wed Nov 24
@cryptographite Yes, but if they're REALLY unfriendly, then they connect with their readers more--by way of punches and the occasional kick.

lioneldavoust Wed Nov 24
Enregistrement du débat des Utopiales sur la guerre avec @brandonsandrson, G. Klein et ma pomme >> http://bit.ly/eOUrOG

BrandonSandrson Wed Nov 24
@lioneldavoust Hey, Lionel. Would you remind me what volume your story in translation is in? I lost my note sheet with the info on it.

BrandonSandrson Wed Nov 24
RT @KeandeLacy: Alcatraz 4 arrived today in the UVillage BN in Seattle, but not the other Seattle area stores.

myyrdneopia Wed Nov 24
What to read next? @BrandonSandrson's The Way of Kings, or @seananmcguire Rosemary and Rue?

BrandonSandrson Wed Nov 24
@myyrdneopia Do I get a vote?

myyrdneopia Wed Nov 24
@BrandonSandrson HAHA, sure. :D

BrandonSandrson Wed Nov 24
@myyrdneopia Well, then, uh...I vote for my book. Twice.

Mathieulh Wed Nov 24
@BrandonSandrson Greetings from a French fan :-)

BrandonSandrson Wed Nov 24
@Mathieulh Greetings back! Thanks for reading.

technicaltoast Wed Nov 24
@BrandonSandrson will you be doing any signings for Alcatraz 4? Any in the Logan, UT area anytime soon?

BrandonSandrson Wed Nov 24
@technicaltoast I will be doing a few for Alcatraz 4. I'll post when I have specifics. Logan doesn't look likely this time around. (Sorry.)

ericbdavies Wed Nov 24
@BrandonSandrson When Vin pulled bracelet off L.R. why did he age? Saze said LR burned storages for youth. Couldn't he have kept burning it?

BrandonSandrson Thu Nov 25
@ericbdavies LR exploited an interaction between Allomancy and Feruchemy. Store attribute in metal. Burn that same metal. (more)

BrandonSandrson Thu Nov 25
@ericbdavies Get an explosion of power which you then must store in another metalmind to make use of.

BrandonSandrson Thu Nov 25
@ericbdavies I'm not convinced I foreshadowed this the right way in the books. If I had it to do over again, I might approach it differently

Josbrouns Wed Nov 24
@BrandonSandrson are there any plans for an Alcatraz 3 paperback release any time soon? I got 1+2 in pb so I'd like the rest in pb as well.

BrandonSandrson Thu Nov 25
@Josbrouns The publisher hasn't given me anything solid on that yet. I'm a little annoyed. I'll post when I know.

BrandonSandrson Sat Nov 27
Off to my signing at the Idaho Falls B&N. Will be there til 4 or so. Pass the word; this will probably be my only Idaho signing for a while.

BrandonSandrson Tue Nov 30
Playing hide and seek with 3-year-old. This was his hiding place. http://twitpic.com/3boil1

BrandonSandrson Tue Nov 30
Very last chance to report typos in THE WAY OF KINGS to fix in the paperback. Post them at http://ow.ly/1rFnAY or http://bit.ly/b98BA6

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home