Monday, January 09, 2012

Updates + Hugo-Eligible Works & Gemmell Award Nomination

My assistant put up another chapter of my abandoned 2001 novel MYTHWALKER. This one is exciting. There's just one chapter left.

In this week's Writing Excuses episode, Dan, Mary, Howard and I talk about worldbuilding flora and fauna. Check it out.

It's award nomination season again, so here's a quick reminder of what I've released that's eligible this year.

Eligible in the category Best Related Work:

Eligible in the category Best Novel:

Eligible in the category Best Novella:

Eligible in the category Best Short Story:

You can nominate at this link by March 11th, 2012, if you are a member of the 2011 (Reno), 2012 (Chicago), or 2013 (San Antonio) World Science Fiction Conventions by January 31st, 2012. For more information on how the Hugo Award works, see my breakdown last year.

My fiction is additionally eligible to be nominated for a Nebula Award by February 15th, 2012, if you happen to be a member of the Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America.

I've also learned that THE ALLOY OF LAW is on the long list of nominees for this year's David Gemmell Legend Award, and the first round of voting is open now and runs through March 31st. Last year The Way of Kings won the award, to my great pleasure, so I already have the awesome battleaxe. Please vote for the book you think deserves it this year.

Plus I have a vested interest in the nominations of Dan Wells, Mary Robinette Kowal, and Howard Tayler, my Writing Excuses partners (aside from my brother Producer Jordo, whose only eligible work is Writing Excuses itself). Last year Mary won the Best Short Story Hugo for "For Want of a Nail," but Howard and Dan were defeated by worthy opponents in their categories. This year Dan is eligible with I DON'T WANT TO KILL YOU and A NIGHT OF BLACKER DARKNESS for Best Novel and "The Mountain of the Lord" in MORMONS & MONSTERS for Best Novella, Howard with SCHLOCK MERCENARY: FORCE MULTIPLICATION and "Deus Ex Nauseum" from SCHLOCK MERCENARY: EMPEROR PIUS DEI for Best Graphic Story, and Mary with "Goodhouse Keeping" from COURTS OF THE FEY for Best Short Story, "Kiss Me Twice" from the June 2011 ASIMOV'S for Best Novella, and "Whatnot" (a puppet play performed at the 2011 Worldcon) for Best Dramatic Presentation, Short Form.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home