Monday, September 03, 2007

Alcatraz Out???

Uh...well, my agent called today to tell me he found a copy of Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians on a bookshelf today.  They apparently shipped last week to bookstores.  Now, the official on-sale date is still October 1st, so some stores may decide to keep them in the back until then.  (Hopefully they won't get lost back there.)  However, some stores are putting them out.  Plus, it looks like Amazon is shipping the book right now, rather than making you wait.

Can anyone else confirm this?  I'm a little surprised to see the book going on sale this early.  But, I guess early is better, right?  (Going to make it tough to break any sales records or anything if some bookstores put it out now, but others wait until next month, but whatever.) 

So, if you've been waiting for this one (or, if you're done with Mistborn 2 and now want to see what I'd do with a more lighthearted story) go pick up a copy!  Sample Chapter right here!

In related news, I completely forgot to blog about a book edited by a friend of mine.  Stacy Whitman is a long time pal, and an editor over at Wizard's of the Coast.  She's been very excited for the release of Hallowmere, by Tiffany Trent, and I wanted to throw a link and a congratulations their way.  The book came out last week, I believe.  If you like Victorian teen girl fic with a creepy side to it, then this is the book for you!

And, something more lighthearted.  I just HAVE to blog about this one.  If you didn't know, my wife and I are having our first child this November.  Pemberly has been working furious, like all expectant moms, to get the house ready for the little one.  Last week takes the cake, however, as she came home with a matching nightgown and baby jumper for herself and the kid. 

Matching.  Now, this may not surprise most of you, but that's not the sort of thing my wife does.  She's very non-girly.  It was amusing because she showed it to me with an almost guilty air, claiming that it wasn't her fault that she did something that 'cute'.  Marketing and hormones contrived together to make her, apparently, buy it against her will. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home