Monday, January 26, 2009

My Sword

First off, I've been getting a lot of email regarding the sword that Wilson gave me out of Robert Jordan's collection.  For Christmas, I asked my wife to have it cleaned and mounted, and so I wanted to wait until then to post pictures.  That's not all finished yet, but I figured I've waited long enough, so I took a photo for you to show how it stands right now, stylishly presented in the mounting stand my wife purchased.  (With our Kick The Cheat in the background...)

IMG_1438

Some close up shots for you:

IMG_1439 IMG_1440

Eventually, I want to get the mounting piece inscribed.  We're thinking of having the words hand painted on there. 

When I saw that one sword in the collection had a gold and red dragon hand-painted on the scabbard...yeah, I knew that was the piece I had to take.  More pictures eventually.

Some of you have noticed that Mistborn jewelry is for sale in my store.  I'd suggest waiting for a few days before picking up any pieces, however, as we're checking with Badali on some items.  I haven't finished writing copy for these either, so there aren't any descriptions, just pictures and prices.  (And some of those prices may go down, specifically some of the shipping prices.)  I'll start doing write-ups soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home