Tuesday, December 04, 2007

New Website Coming + Unshelved

First off, the new website goes LIVE at the end of the week.  We're almost sure that we'll hit the deadline this time, so get ready for it!  I've almost got all of the 'Blah blah' sections replaced with actual text.  Huzzah! 

Included in this all is a new introduction, along with a long list of reviews, for Mistborn 2.  If you haven't read book two (but have read book one) click on over and check it out.  If you haven't read book one, though, watch out--this has spoilers!

Secondly, Unshelved did a comic based on ALCATRAZ VERSUS THE EVIL LIBRARIANS.  Thanks to all who wrote me about this, and thanks to Bill and Gene for the very flattering shout out.  I actually read Unshelved on occasion, but completely missed this one. 

As many of you may know, I'm a total Webcomics junkie.  I probably spend a lot of time reading them when I SHOULD be writing new novels.  However, I think that the webcomic explosion is fascinating (I even wrote an essay on it a while back.) 

The medium allows for more varied expression and experimentation in the art form, and also gives cartoonists a chance to 'live the dream' and become full-time artists, yet not have to deal with the insanity of the current comics syndication scheme.  (And, as you might note from their front page, one of the creators of Unshelved just quit his day job to work on the comic full time.  I remember the day when I got to quit my job and become a professional writer.  Go, Bill!  And, to the rest of you, make sure to go buy lots of their swag!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home