Friday, January 30, 2009

Annotation + Hugo Awards

First off, new Mistborn: The Well of Ascension Annotation.  (I'm afraid it's a short one.)

It's Hugo Award nominating season!  I just got an email from the Hugo committee giving me my PIN number to use their electronic voting form. (And if you need your PIN but haven't gotten it yet, there's contact info there for how to get it sent to you.  You can also download the ballot and mail it in.)

If you were a member of last year's Worldcon, or already have a membership for this year's, you can nominate for the Hugo Awards.  I just thought I'd point out that Mistborn: The Hero of Ages is eligible in the Best Novel category.  If you thought it was one of the best books of the year, and you are a Worldcon goer, I certainly wouldn't mind a nomination!

My two short stories--"Firstborn" (Read it on Tor's website) and "Defending Elysium" (Read it in last year's October/November issue of Asimov's ) are actually both novelette length, so that would be the category in which you'd nominate them if you feel inclined.

(Note that there are some questions about Firstborn's eligibility, since it originally appeared in a small print run magazine a few years back, but I emailed around and the answer I got was "Tell people to nominate it if they want to.  If it gets enough attention, the committee will review its status and make a decision."  So if you liked the story enough, feel free to nominate it!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home